Saturday, September 1, 2012

A standing request.

One of the rare peices of edict I've retained from the being in the Marines is that if I think you look foolish, and there is the slightest chance you aren't doing so knowingly, I will pull you aside and point out that you look foolish. I will do this kindly, in private and drop the issue as quickly as possible.

This is not a comfortable thing to do, and I look stupid as often as not as I have tried to correct someone who knew exactly what they are doing and I misunderstood what was going on.

That being said, if you see typo's or bad sentences and you think I should know, please email me, sometimes I put out basically first drafts of things just because I want to be productive and don't want to let the perfect be the enemy of the actual. So feel free to send criticism my way if you think I might need it.

2 comments: